Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bittersweet.

It is what it is. That’s what I use to keep me going.
What it is, it is just that.
I look over things not even you would; just because I look forward to the future.
The future so far away I shouldn’t even have to make plans right now but I do
anticipating.
I fill you in on the things you need to know. I allow your mistakes and give you second chances
I can’t even remember how many second chances you got
I do it because I love you, love whatever that is
I surprise you when I finally let you know what I been knowing
Not even you would do the things I have done to make us work
& the rest that I didn’t mention would fill up a book
I leave out the small details because if I let you know that I let that go
You could possibly want to do it again
Damned if you do, damned if you don’t
I play the damned fool because your love is what I want.
But it’s not what I’m receiving and I’m grieving
While those other girls are cheesing
Because of my man, supposed to be my man
Saying bull shit just for the moment to get his rocks off and he ghosting
Just for a moment.
Those moments add up and to me its daily routine
Hearing about the next chick on the answering machine
Erase it before he sees it, and keep smiling
No need for beefing, it’s just a random girl
Over and over I’m my own broken record player
My heart skipping like I ran over it with a needle
But still I love you, love whatever that is
I still stay, still find a way
To turn the other cheek
Hoping that your future includes me
Not anticipating I just expect one day I’ll get that apology
You’ll tell me that you’re done with the games and it’s me you want to be
With me and no one else
And maybe it’s before I decide to get another or just be by myself
Damned if you do, and damned if you don’t
.....real shit


Bittersweet - Kanye West ft. John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment