Monday, July 6, 2009

"Mama Said"

Now normally I am the type to do what I want to do. I'm just the type of person you cant tell what to do. But due to current events and the way things are going, I had to ask the advice of a person who be knowing. My mother always warned me about the darkness of the day, she said be careful Allie don't let troubles come your way. I used to shrug it off "ite" is all I would say. But she never stopped preaching Allie be Safe. Thanks Ma, and I'd be gone. I was safe never the less but I played it safe my way. Drove the line of trouble and safe going 50 miles over the speed limit. I thought I was good my conscience would make sure I wouldn't cross the line of mistakes. But the day that I realized I should have listened to mama's preaching, was the day I left work just to get some peace and quiet from the world. Just needed some time to think. The days leading up to that one wasn't going my way, I needed time to analyze why and what went wrong. She told me to be careful I was out before the "ful". When I told her what happened, I thought she was going to explode, I was even hesitant damn I messed up again. But Mama didn't preach she told me to listen, with nothing left to say or lose I finally did what my mother always wanted. She in my ear tears rolling down my face, J in hand. She like Allie, "You need to try something different. All the shit ain't going your way because you never listen, you always brush me off cause you think I'm steady bitching but i been through everything you have too and I was the same rebellious way; and you seen the life that lead me to I can Not let it happen to you. All i can tell you is try something different. get your life on track cause where you going now is a mystery." my mother kept it short and sweet and really had me listening. Before I hung up the phone she said "Allison I love you, but you really need to try something different"
_I do Ma, I Do.

No comments:

Post a Comment